Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rough Week




So life isn't always easy - it's something I am reminded of constantly - yet fate has the task of throwing it back in my face. No one likes being sick - and Lord knows I have enough experience with that - but there's nothing I hate more than seeing the ones I love sick.



So while I dislike the times I have to deal with my own troubles, I find the biggest challange in knowing what to do with a sick slave. You understand that I do my best to make sure she is well cared for, has plenty to drink and eat, and takes her medicine. But when it comes to a lingering illness I feel the one thing I dread most - lack of control.



I should have recognized this long ago, as I've known for a long time this is why I don't drink to excess or take drugs. So while I think I've noticed this in one area, it certainly carries over to others too.



Well, learning something about yourself is always a good thing, right?

1 comment:

lady esenem said...

It's difficult to have the ones we care for sick.

The toughest thing to remember is that we must take care of ourselves and be healthy in order to be able to take care of those we love.

xoxox,
Ren