Monday, June 27, 2011

So Much To Say

So I don't know how others work, but I am my most quiet when I have a lot of things to think about or are depressed.  I know everyone works out things differently, even though we are all much the same.  I also know that everything will work out in the end.  That's the way of the universe.  It may not always be in our favor, but it will work out some way.

Perhaps it's the irony that when I most need to say something is when I'm least likely to say it.  Whatever it means for me, I'm still here and still fine - it has to be that way.

By the way, two big 25th anniversaries in the news recently.  One is from thee April 26th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster - the nuclear plant accident in Ukraine was one of the two (now included with Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster) worse nuclear power plant accidents in history - and the only two classified as a level 7 event on the International Nuclear Event Sale.  The battle to contain the contamination and avert a greater catastrophe ultimately involved over 500,000 workers and cost an estimated 18 billion rubles, crippling the Soviet economy.

The other is the death of Maryland Basketball legend Len Bias.  Len passed away not 200 yards away me, in a dorm room at the University of Maryland, June 19th, 1986, of a cocaine overdose - two days after he was slected by the Boston Celtics as the second overall pick in the 1986 NBA Draft.

No comments: